The researchers of the China Australia Heritage Corridor project team have given a talk about the project for the Chinese Heritage Association of Australia (CHAA) on 6 April 2019 at the Sydney Mechanics Schools of Arts, Sydney.
Associate Professor Denis Byrne gave an overview of the project
· Associate Professor Denis Byrne introduced the theoretical background of our research and gave an overview of the project
· Dr Michael Williams talked about the history of Chinese migration to Australia from Zhongshan
· Dr Alexandra Wong gave a presentation about the heritage connections of people through 'diaspora tourism'
· Distinguished Professor Ien Ang introduced the project website and demonstrated various functions of our Heurist database
· PhD candidate Christopher Cheng talked about the motivation behind his doctoral research on education-related migrant heritage in Zhongshan
Distinguished Professor Ien Ang introduced the project website
The talk was a well-attended and the audiences engaged in a robust question and answer section with the researchers. After the talk, the researchers also took the opportunity to interact with the audiences and catch up with some of the interviewees of the project.